• Digital audio mixing—2.1 format (stereo)
• Audio editing for dance and choreography
• Production of DJ drops, radio's ident/programme, sweepers, jingles, and mixtapes
• Audio recording/production of voiceovers and podcast
• Post-production—sound editing for short films, animation, and multimedia applications
• DJ specialised in mainstream hip-hop, r&b, throwback '80s & '90s, salsa, timba, urban Cuban/Latin beats, and tropical/Caribbean vibes
• 1-2-1 DJ Workshop For Beginners: Introduction to basics (analog to digital). Technical parts, cueing, beat matching, phrasing, harmonic mixing, basic scratching technique, and general tips
Gear: Technics 1210 MK2, Pioneer CDJ 1000 MK3, and DDJ-SR controller
I am an experienced digital audio producer/engineer, and multi-genre Latin DJ.
I was born in Guantánamo—a province in the eastern region of Cuba known as Oriente—which is the cultural foundation that fuels my original style and inspired the name of my brand ORIENTE STAR SOUND.
Since my arrival to London in 1995, I have been soaking the city's multicultural scene. My deejay set has come to prominence with an eclectic selection of mainstream danceable beats; seasoned with the heady essence of my Latin/Caribbean heritage and own music production work.
The broad spectrum of my vinyl record and digital music collection define the essence of Oriente Star Sound's musical influences. Ranging from jazz, funk, soul, salsa, timba, tropical, Latin, and Cuban beats to reggae, throwback '70s, '80s, '90s, and mainstream urban music such as reggaeton, r&b, hip-hop, afro-beat, house to mention a few.
My urban-dance background, artistic versatility, multi-genre influence, technical skills, and clubbing experience have transformed me into an authentic disc-jokey for celebration events and an effective music producer.
Since 2000, my passion for sound led me to take several music/audio production courses. I graduated with a Bachelor in Science (BSc) Second Class (Upper Division) Honours in Music Technology, and completed an Audio Production Master of Arts (MA) degree with Merit.
I have created and developed the Latin music style I coined bashylongo—a Cuban timba/timbatón's derivative.
I have an extensive Mixcloud's catalogue of DJ mixes and livestream uploads. Some of these DJ mixes has reached the 19th and 24th place on Mixcloud's Latin Chart.
II am currently involved in the production of upcoming projects taking t Oriente Star Sound to higher dimensions.