• Digital audio mixing—2.1 format (stereo)
• Audio editing for dance and choreography
• Production of DJ drops, radio's ident/programme, sweepers, jingles, and mixtapes
• Audio recording/production of voiceovers and podcast
• Post-production—sound editing for short films, animation, and multimedia applications
• DJ specialised in mainstream hip-hop, r&b, throwback '80s & '90s, salsa, timba, urban Cuban/Latin beats, and tropical/Caribbean vibes
• 1-2-1 DJ workshop for beginners. Introduction to basics (analog to digital). Technical parts, cueing, beat matching, phrasing, harmonic mixing, basic scratching technique, and general tips
Gear: Technics 1210 MK2, Pioneer CDJ 1000 MK3, and DDJ-SR controller
A multi-genre DJ/audio producer with over 30 years of experience in the field. Born in Guantánamo—a province in the eastern region of Cuba known as Oriente—which is the cultural foundation that fuels his original style and inspired the name of his brand ORIENTE STAR SOUND.
Since his arrival in London in 1995, he has been soaking the city's musical multicultural scene. His DJ set has come to prominence with an eclectic selection of mainstream danceable beats seasoned with the heady essence of his Cuban/Caribbean roots. The broad spectrum of his analogue/digital music crates ranges from Latin, son, salsa, Cuban timba, jazz, and funk/soul, to r&b, hip hop, dancehall, afro-beat, house, throwback '80s/'90s and much more.
Green Papi's urban-dance background, artistic versatility and multi-genre experience make him an authentic party DJ.
Since 2000, his passion for sound led him to take music/audio production courses. He is a graduate with a Bachelor in Science (BSc) Second Class (Upper Division) Honours in Music Technology and a Master in Arts (MA)—Merit—in Audio Production. He has edited/designed the sound for several moving-image projects including the audio for the East End Film Festival 2016's animated sting and the short film "Demons".
He is responsible for developing the bashylongo Latin music style (a Cuban timba/timbatón's derivative) featuring on his 2013's Elemento EP. He has produced numerous music production projects collaborating with the UK, Cuban/Latin and international artists. He has also produced a high-quality catalogue of DJ mixes—some of them reaching 24th and 19th place on Mixcloud's Latin Chart.
He is currently engaged in the production of some exciting up-coming projects taking the quality of his work to higher dimensions.